|Biography and appearance|
|Healing / Support|
|Rivals of Waterdeep|
|5 / 20|
|STR 10 (0)||DEX 16 (+3)||CON 15 (+2)|
|INT 16 (+3)||WIS 13 (+1)||CHA 16 (+3)|
|Eligible for Patrons|
Shaka is here to help, using his keen intellect to solve the Celestial Puzzle and bolstering his allies with Celestial Resistance.
|“||As a member of Rivals of Waterdeep, Shaka is always looking for the latest adventure and the latest puzzle. His party has encountered mysteries and foes throughout Waterdeep, Candlekeep, Icewind Dale, and Avernus. Their base of operations is located in the Trollskull Manor in Waterdeep where a brain in a jar named Brian stands watch.||„|
- A beam of crackling green shoots towards an enemy, dealing damage.
- Shaka attempts to solve a celestial puzzle with the potential for great rewards. Four random slots in the formation are assigned a random tag. For each Champion in those slots that match the slot's tag, Shaka buffs the party by 100%, stacking multiplicatively.
- Tags pull from a fixed set of odds, with two being "easy", one "medium", and one "hard":
- Easy: male, female (non-binary Champions count in either)
- Medium: support, dps, gold
- Hard: human, kobold, elf, dwarf, tiefling
- Shaka adds 10 temporary hit-points to the entire party when changing areas. This is increased by 25% for each A Celestial Puzzle slot that is filled properly, stacking additively (ie. +100% with 4 slots filled properly).
This ability can be buffed by upgrades, equipment, and feats.
- Shaka increases the effect of A Celestial Puzzle by 20% for each puzzle slot he's adjacent to, stacking multiplicatively. This ability can be buffed by equipment and feats. Buffs apply to the post-stack value.
Specialization Choice - Level 250
- Sunday Edition
- A fifth slot in the formation is assigned a random tag and can be matched to further increase A Celestial Puzzle.
- Better Luck Next Time
- The slots chosen for A Celestial Puzzle are rerolled.
- Note that the rerolled slots and tags are consistent for the adventure, so you can't use Potions of Specialization to repeatedly reroll for different slots (if you do respec and pick the other spec will swap back to the original slots/tags).
Specialization Choice - Level 400
Another set of specializations determine how Shaka’s Ultimate works:
- Blinding Wall of Light
- All enemies are pushed back slightly and then a wall of light appears slightly in front of the formation for 15 seconds. Enemies that pass through the wall of light take damage and gain a brilliant white glow under their feet for 30 seconds. Enemies with this glow have a 75% chance to miss with all attacks.
- Disintergrating Wall of Light
- A wall of light appears near the right side of the screen. Enemies that pass through the wall of light take damage and, if they take at least 1% of their max health, have a 50% chance to be disintegrated and die immediately. Enemies not immediately destroyed gain a white glow under their feet and take 100% more damage for 30 seconds.
- Slot 1: Received from buying a Gold Shaka Chest Pack from The Running event, Time Gate or purchased through daily deals in the in-game shop.
- Slot 3: Received from buying a Wild Offer pack (First available from buying a Weekend Gold Chest Pack during the A-maze-ing Friends Weekend).
Played by Shareef Jackson, a STEM diversity advocate and founder of Math Looks Good LLC. You may recognize him from Rivals of Waterdeep (where he plays as Shaka and has DM'd for two seasons of the show), and as the Game Master for Kids on Bikes on Roll20's twitch/youtube channel.
Idle Champions Spotlight: Shaka
Codename Entertainment Interview Video: Who is Shaka in Idle Champions with Shareef Jackson