|Biography and appearance|
|Tanking / Support|
|Rivals of Waterdeep|
|STR 19 (+4)||DEX 11 (0)||CON 11 (0)|
|INT 15 (+2)||WIS 13 (+1)||CHA 15 (+2)|
|Eligible for Patrons|
Selise knows a thing or two about using her shield, and can change her stance with that shield to buff the party in a variety of ways.
|“||Selise Astorio is a human paladin who started on her path of vengeance after the death of her wife. During her travels she joined the Rivals of Waterdeep despite her initial misgivings, and now does what she can to protect them with all of her considerable power. With steadfast confidence and a knowing smirk, Selise is ready to jump into battle whenever necessary, though afterwards she may pine for a hot bath. She keeps her wife’s ring on a chain around her neck, and her well worn Psychomancy shield on her arm. Despite losing her connection to her God after dispatching the one she swore vengeance upon, Selise continues to try to help those in need, even if sometimes she takes the morally gray path.||„|
- Selise leaps out and attacks the nearest enemy. This attack has a bonus effect based on her current stance:
- Aggressive: Bash the enemy before attacking them, stunning them for 2 seconds. This can cause hits- and armor-based enemies to take two hits.
- Wall: Take 25% less damage from all attacks for the next 10 seconds.
- Deflect: Damage all enemies in a small AOE if Reflective Shield is chosen and gain one charge of deflection for each enemy hit.
- Last Resort: Damage and knock back all enemies in a small AOE.
- As a stalwart tank, Selise knows a thing or two about using a shield. She can subtly change her shield stance to buff the party in different ways depending on what the situation calls for. Using this ability rotates her stance through the following options in order, then looping when reaching the end: Aggressive -> Wall -> Deflect -> Last Resort.
- Selise increases the damage of Champions in the two columns behind her by 100%. This ability has a bonus effect based on Selise's current shield stance, which can be changed by using her Ultimate Attack:
- Aggressive: Champions affected by Divine Sense have their base attack cooldowns reduced by 0.5s.
- Wall: Champions in the same column as Selise take 25% less damage from melee attacks; this stacks multiplicatively with Selise's normal attack Wall-stance buff on herself.
- Deflect: Champions affected by Divine Sense take 25% less damage from ranged and magical attacks.
- Last Resort: Selise's overwhelm point is increased by 15.
- While in Aggressive stance, every 4th attack instead of her normal attack, Selise will toss her shield in an arc targeted at the farthest enemy. It deals damage and stuns all enemies hit for 2 seconds, and the effect of Divine Sense is increased by 50% for each enemy hit until Selise attacks with Shield of Psychomancy again or changes stances.
- While not in Aggressive stance, Selise increases the effect of Divine Sense by 200% for each enemy attacking her, stacking additively.
- When switching from Last Resort to Aggressive stance, Selise channels the divine power of Tyr and attacks a random enemy with her sword, dealing BUD-based AoE damage and BUD-based chaining lightning damage from the enemy struck to five nearby enemies. This effect can only trigger every 180 seconds.
Specialization Choices – Level 120 or 230
- Relentless Avenger
- While in Wall stance, Selise cannot be stunned. Any enemy that attempts to stun Selise is instead stunned themselves for 4 seconds, if they can be stunned.
- Reflective Shield
- While in Deflect stance, Selise can deflect ranged and magical projectiles back at the enemies that shot/cast them, completely negating their damage and dealing 6 seconds of BUD-based damage. She can deflect one attack for each charge of deflection she has, and gains deflection stacks by attacking while in Deflect stance.
- Mithral Skin
- While in Last Resort stance, Selise takes less damage the more damaged she is. At 80%+ health she takes normal damage, but below 80% she receives a damage reduction bonus equal to 80% - her current health percentage.
- Tyr's Eyes - Level 230
- Increase the range of Divine Sense to affect the three columns behind Selise rather than just two.
- Increases the Health of all Champions by 25% of Selise's Max Health.
- Slot 1: Received from buying a Gold Selise Chest Pack from the Dragondown event, Time Gate or purchased through daily deals in the in-game shop.
- Slot 2: Received from buying a Wild Offer pack (First available from buying a Weekend Gold Chest Pack during the Champions of Light Weekend).
Idle Champions Spotlight: Selise
Codename Entertainment Interview Video: Selise in Idle Champions Interview with Tanya DePass