|Biography and appearance|
|Gold / Support|
|Eligible for Patrons|
Rust is a Support and Gold Find Champion who's excitement to find coin helps the rest of the formation increase their gold find.
|“||Rust on the Harbour is a former pirate who gave up a life at sea because it was far too wet. His deadly skills are in contrast to his sweet nature and short attention span, and he enjoys seeing others succeed even if they are supposed to be antagonists. Now trying life as an adventurer on land, he'll lend his roguish skills to anyone who can give him that which his heart desires most: one gold piece.||„|
Rust has two different attacks that he rotates through. He attacks once with Bang Bang, then drops his pistols and will attack with his Rapier three times before retrieving the pistols and starting over.
- Rust shoots a random enemy with his pistols, once from each pistol. Rust can not lose his shiny gold piece when he attacks with his pistols.
- Rust leaps out and stabs a random enemy with his Rapier once. He might lose his shiny gold piece while doing this.
- Rust increases your gold find by 100%.
- Rust has a 2% chance to gain a shiny gold piece from any kill. While holding this gold piece, the effects of his Rust For Hire and Highest Bidder abilities are increased by 200% each. Rust has a 3% chance to accidentally lose the gold piece each time he attacks with his Rapier.
- Rust increases the damage of all Champions by 100% for each order of magnitude of your Gold Find percentage.
- For example, if your gold find is 2.1e15%, then this bonus is multiplied by 15.
- Rust's chance for One Gold Piece to find a shiny gold piece from any kill is increased by 100% for each other Oxventurers Guild Champion in the formation, stacking additively and then applying multiplicatively.
Specialization Choice – Level 160
- Close Friends
- The ability bonus of One Gold Piece is increased by 100% for each other Oxventurers Guild Champion within 2 slots, stacking multiplicatively.
- Rust Reloaded
- Rust now only attacks with his Pistols and can only lose his One Gold Piece during his ultimate attack.
- Rust loads himself into a cannon and fires himself toward the enemies, dealing damage in a large area upon landing. When using his ultimate, Rust has a 40% chance of dropping his shiny gold piece midway through his flight. This chance is reduced by 2.5% for every 4.5 seconds of ultimate cooldown reduction he has, capped at a 75% reduction.
- Slot 1: Received from buying a Gold Rust Chest Pack from the Midwinter event, Time Gates or purchased through daily deals in the in-game shop.
- Slot 2: Received from buying a Wild Offer pack (First available from buying a Weekend Gold Chest Pack during the Gold A-plenty Weekend).
Rust on the Harbour is played by Johnny Chiodini, DM for the Oxventure crew. You may also know them from their days at Eurogamer and Dicebreakers. Currently Johnny is making content for their Youtube channel and Patreon.
Idle Champion Spotlight: Rust
Idle Champion Video Spotlight: Rust on the Harbour