|Biography and appearance|
|Warlock / Sorcerer|
|Heroes of the Planes|
|STR 8 (-1)||DEX 16 (+3)||CON 15 (+2)|
|INT 13 (+1)||WIS 10 (0)||CHA 18 (+4)|
|Eligible for Patrons|
Avren is one of the champions of Idle Champions of the Forgotten Realms. He was obtained from the Liars' Night event, but is now only available through Time Gates or from purchasing an Avren Champion Pack from the in-game shop.
Avren is a pure Support Champion. He uses his Mirror Image ability to boost Champions in the formation based on assigned roles (DPS, Support, and Tanking), increasing even further for Champions with more than one role. Avren also raises Global DPS based on the number of Champions adjacent to him in the formation.
|“||Avren is an embodiment of mischief; a trickster god in humanoid form. Long ago, he tricked an ancient being into giving him magic and immortality. This power also came with a curse: whenever Avren dies, he will return to life with a new body and varying abilities. While Avren's body may change, however, his soul and his undying love for his wife, Sofieus, always remains. The two have remained married for centuries, seeking each other out to reunite in each lifetime.||„|
- Avren tosses out three spectral shards at random enemies. One is fake and does no damage (but does interrupt/stagger the enemy), one stuns the enemy it hits for 1 second, and the final one deals normal damage.
- Avren casts Mirror Image every 15 seconds, targeting a random Champion in the formation. The Mirror Image (a slightly blurry version of Avren himself) floats behind them. The Mirror Image lasts for 30 seconds, and its effect is based on the Champion's role(s):
- DPS: Increases the Champion's Damage by 600%
- Support: Increases the damage of all Champions by 200%
- Tanking: Increases all healing effects on the Champion by 2 HP.
Specialization Choice – Level 100
- Mirror Focus (Good)
- Avren prefers casting Mirror Image on "good" Champions; if a "good" target is available, they will get a Mirror Image before Champions of other alignments.
- Mirror Focus (Neutral)
- Avren prefers casting Mirror Image on "neutral" Champions; if a "neutral" target is available, they will get a Mirror Image before Champions of other alignments. Note: This only looks at Neutral characters on the Good/Evil axis, not the Lawful/Chaotic axis.
- Mirror Focus (Evil)
- Avren prefers casting Mirror Image on "evil" Champions; if an "evil" target is available, they will get a Mirror Image before Champions of other alignments.
- Avren casts Reduce on all enemies on the screen, dealing some damage and reducing their size by half and their damage done by 50% for 15 seconds. He also casts Enlarge on himself for the duration, and during that time his base attack changes from Spectral Shards to Kick.
Specialization Choice – Level 200
- Sturdy Mirrors
- Avren focuses on making his Mirror Images last longer, increasing the number of potentially affected Champions. Increases the duration of Mirror Image by 100% to 60 seconds.
- Empowered Mirrors
- Avren focuses on making his Mirror Images more powerful, increasing their individual effects. Increases the effects of Mirror Image by 300%.
- The Global DPS is increased by 50% for each Champion adjacent to Avren, stacking multiplicatively. Champions affected by Mirror Image increase the effect for 50% for each Mirror Image buff they have (100-200% instead of 50%, depending on their roles). Buffs apply to the post-stack value.
- Slot 1: Received from buying a Wild Offer pack (First available from buying a Weekend Gold Chest Pack during the Widdles Woodworking Weekend).
- Slot 2: Received from buying a Gold Avren Chest Pack from the Liars' Night event, Time Gates or purchased through daily deals in the in-game shop.
- Slot 3: Received from buying a Wild Offer pack (First available from buying a Weekend Gold Chest Pack during the Mirror Image Weekend).
- Slot 4: Received from buying a Wild Offer pack (First available from buying a Weekend Gold Chest Pack during the Coin Mastery Weekend).
Avren was created and played by Todd Kenreck, former creative manager at D&D Beyond, currently the creative manager at CNE Games.
Idle Champions Spotlight: Avren